Friday 28 September 2012

Art and About in Unusual Places.

Sometimes it's nice to play tourist in your own city. A friend and I explored the city and looked at Art and About. Here are the photos of some of the things we saw.
Paired Gold. It has apparently been cancelled. It was just a square on the ground painted gold and some gold foil on the wall. It was meant to look like this.

Not part of Art and About but I thought the screen in front of Sydney Town Hall was cool.

How cute is this beagle puppy. The photograph is titled Long Cute Dog and was taken by a 6-year-old.


I don't know what kind of plant this is but I want it in my garden.

"Friendly Billboards"


The scientist in me finds lollies in flasks, test tubes, beakers and Petri dishes amusing. Happy Lab in Westfield. 

"Forbidden Songs" Angel Place. This has been there for a while. I took the photo with my phone and it doesn't do it justice. Check it out here.


"cBraille". 

Can't remember what this one was called but it's part of Sydney Life photographic exhibition in Hyde Park.

Paper flower installation at the Queen Victoria Building. I just love art installations.

This is also part of the Art and About which hubby and I drove past on the way to the Fish Market the following day. It's a giant crate made out of crates.

There were so many other things that I didn't get to see because they weren't in the CBD and the light installations were only on after dark. Such a shame. 

I love the old train station signs.

Got bored on the train ride home so took a photo of my nails. My favourite nail colour so far. It matches my coat perfectly too. 

I love this coat. I bought it from Sfera, a ubiquitous chain store in Spain. Hubby and I ducked into the Sfera store in Seville to take shelter from the rain and discovered their bargain basement (which is really the top level). I picked it up for a grand total of 3 which is like $6 at the time. I don't know why I didn't buy it in pastel yellow as well. Yellow isn't really my colour as being olive skinned it makes me look jaundiced but I could have worn it as a lab coat in winter, a very cute lab coat. It's the only item of clothing I owned that saw me through to the end of my pregnancy and I was still able to button it all up. The lining is cute as well. *Sigh* When you're on to a good thing buy it in every colour.




No comments:

Post a Comment