Thursday 2 February 2012

Dress Codes. Frugal February Fail.

Now, I'm not much of a snob or anything, I accept that people have different styles and outfits reflect someone's personality or maybe just the weather and the fact that it's summer and it's hot out there hence short and skimpy. I wouldn't be caught dead looking like a ho, not that there's anything wrong with that, not everyone can be doctors, lawyers, teachers, accountants etc. Anyway, I digress. Where was I? Oh yes, dress codes, in shopping centres. Now before you ask who made me Joan Rivers/fashion police, I'm not asking that people wear gowns to get milk and egg. I know my local is no country club that blazers are required. All I'm really asking is for people to wear a shirt (any shirt), pants and some sort of footwear even thongs will do. I saw a guy today who was wearing retro shorts and by that I mean shorts à la NBA circa 1980's. 

source

Not only was he wearing indecently short shorts he was also shirtless and shoeless. Seriously, clothes are not that expensive that one has to go without and it's also never that hot. In the spirit of Frugal February he could have picked up a $5 top from K mart and there is even a Havaianas vending machine.



Speaking of Frugal February if there is a bandwagon that involves shopping I'm on it (which kind of defeats the purpose of being frugal). After the Wardrobe Cull I'm on the market for white tops. I spotted a basic white t-shirt at Target last week for $18 but seeing as it wasn't on sale I waited. It's not a lot of money but I hate to buy things that are not on sale. It's just the way I'm programmed. Finally, it went on sale and was down to $11 but they no longer had it in my size. I ended up buying one in beige pink. I also scored a dress from Coles for $5. How's that for frugal? They're cheap as chips but I guess I didn't really need a pink top or a dress. I just spent money on things I didn't need for the sake of frugality. That's what the kids call Fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment