Thursday 9 August 2012

Bubby's Belated Birthday Bash.

I need to pick up my blogging mojo and what better way than to write about Bubby's first birthday party. It was a very small party with only ten of us including Bubby. There were balloons, banners and barbeque and I even baked a cake. (Yes, yes, I like alliterations.)


It's a chocolate cake with chocolate ganache. It's pretty dodgy looking but I've never baked a cake before and I certainly have never decorated one. The cake was pretty dry but the ganache was quite good. I used the leftover ganache to make mocha which wasn't too bad at all. I was also going to put the Batman figurine as a cake topper but I didn't leave enough space. It was the same cake topper that my brother had for his first birthday.

We also got to use our dining room for the first time.

Bubby liked his present from my parents. He would throw a tantrum if I so much as try to unbuckle the seatbelt.


There was some dancing afterwards. This kid knows how to party.

I'm currently watching rhythmic gymnastics. Finally, Channel 9 televises a sport that is interesting at a semi-decent hour although I really should go to bed. TGIF in about 20 minutes.


2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Bubby! he looks very cool in his new set of wheels. Bet he looked even better dancing. :)

    ReplyDelete