Tuesday 6 March 2012

Kitchen (Mis)Adventure - Roast Pumpkin Pastry

This is for my friend B who wanted this recipe.

I can't take credit for this awesomely simple and delicious dish. I got it from The Distressed Mother.

Firstly, dice half a pumpkin (I used butternut), drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until cooked.
Before
After 
While that's cooking thaw a sheet of frozen puff pastry and place it on a baking dish lined with greased baking paper. If your box of baking paper says "no need to grease" it's lying.

Layer rocket and/or baby spinach (I used baby spinach this time) followed by the roast pumpkin, crumbled fetta (I forgot to buy the fetta but I had half a haloumi so I diced that and used it instead) and pine nuts. Bake for 15 min at 180 or until the pastry is cooked. You might have to rotate the dish to cook it evenly.

Et voila!


The haloumi worked after all even if did get a bit toasty. If you're going to use haloumi brush it with oil first. But try to not forget to buy the fetta because it's better. Mine stayed in the oven a little bit longer too because I had to put Bubby to bed halfway through cooking. It was still delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment