Thursday 29 August 2013

The Hills are Alive With the Sound of Music.

It is that time of the year again, right after hubby's birthday, when I can totally focus on MY birthday! Yes, father's day is just around the corner and so is my brother's birthday and my soon to be niece's birthday (excitement!!!) but let's focus on the more important issue of MY birthday. Every year there is a theme, last year was Gingham Style, the year before was Nautical that was before I started blogging but you can read about my past birthday parties. This year's theme is (drumroll please.... ok seriously, there's no need for drumroll seeing as you've probably read the title to this post)


I have, for so long, wanted to go to a sing-along screening but for some reason I have never been to one. So I'm bringing it to my house, I will put it on the the massive TV and whether my family want to or not they are singing AND dancing along. I remember forcing my favourite little girl, my step-niece, to do the So Long Farewell, Auf Weidersein, Goodbye song and dance with me, she was seven at the time, she's 13 now. 

I can totes (all the kids are saying that these days) see us doing the Do-re-mi or the Sound of Music on my front yard. 

Here are some inspirations for dressing up. Sorry for the lack of photo credits, I saved these photos on my computer a while ago.



*Sigh* Who doesn't want to be Sixteen Going on Seventeen in this dress?

I love Liesl's outfits.



If my sister-in-law wasn't heavily pregnant I'd commission her to make matching outfits for us all as she's quite crafty with the needle pulling thread. I'm laughing at my own puns.


If I can't find anything I can always resort to a nightgown!

Or a Lonely Goatherd

*Swoon* This has got to be one of the most romantic scenes of all times.

I can't wait! I still don't know how I will dress up. I wish I knew how to sew so I can dress up in Liesl's purple dress. My brother is already thinking outside the box and said that he'll come as a brown paper package tied up with string. LOL. So long as nobody dresses up as a Nazi, it's cool.

I don't even know what food to serve either but there will be crisp apple strudels and schnitzel with noodles.









1 comment: